FIX Edge Java is an application server providing FIX connectivity to multiple clients. Client applications communicate with FEJ through one of the multiple transport protocols (e.g. Simple Sockets, TIBCO, JMS, HTTPs) employing transport adaptors. It is designed to be as easy as possible to install, configure, administrate and monitor trading information flows. It is written in Java and has a performance profile suitable for the needs of all clients up to and including large sell-side institutions and large volume traders.
To get started, make sure your system has Java 8 or higher.
This section will acquaint you with the basic information used during the configuration of the application.
All of the information in the configuration files is read at startup, meaning that any change to the files necessitates a restart of the application.
The conf folder holds the configuration files for FEJ.
- Hazelcast cluster configuration. See Cluster Service.
- Main Spring application context.
- JMS related beans. See JMS Transport Adapter.
- JMX and SSH related beans.
- Replication-related beans.
- Routing related beans.
- Scheduler configuration.
- Spring Security configuration. See Security configuration.
- Fix server configuration.
- FEJ configuration properties.
- FIXAJ configuration properties. See FIX Antenna Java configuration.
- JMS adaptor configuration properties. See JMS Transport Adapter.
- Logging configuration. See Logging configuration.
- Directory with templates for FIX reject messages
- Replication service configuration. See Replication Service.
- Custom routing rules go here. See Routing Rules.
- Custom scheduler tasks go here.
- Directory with session configuration. See FIX Session configuration.
- Remote shell configuration. See Administrative shell configuration.
- Properties file containing users for in-memory authentication. See In-Memory Authentication.
- Wrapper configuration. See Wrapper configuration.