How to track orders with particular statuses
FIX Eye can watch for log files to show messages that satisfy particular conditions. For example, you can use this feature to find all Filled, Amended or Cancelled orders.
This is an example of how to find all Cancelled orders:
- In Filter list, click <New…>
In Filter dialog, you can indicate conditions that messages must satisfy. The figure below illustrates the conditions for Cancelled orders:
Value "4" in tag 39 (OrdStatus) indicates that current status of order is Canceled. Reference: http://btobits.com/fixopaedia/fixdic44/tag_39_OrdStatus_.html
- Click Save button to save the new filter.
- Click Close button.
- On the Tools menu, click Realtime Watches. You can also use the button.
- In Realtime Files Watch dialog, add log files you want to use.
- In Watches, click Add Watch button
- In the Filter list, select Cancelled Orders
- Clear the Show new messages only check box if you want FIX Eye to show all cancelled messages.
- Click Save button.
How to track order acknowledgement time
In order to determine how long the exchange takes to acknowledge your orders, you can use Event Viewer:
- On the Tools menu, click Events Viewer. You can also use the button.
- In the FIX Events Viewer dialog, add log files you want to track.
- Create a new subscription
- In Subscription Parameters dialog, You can configure notifications precisely by selecting the operator, value and unit of measurement.
- Clear the Show new messages only check box if you want FIX Eye to show all messages. When this check box is selected, FIX Eye will show only new messages detected in log files. The existing messages will be missed.